01 April 2010

From Washington DC





I'm not quite sure how to manage this blog to get it exactly the way I want it but here goes. On the bottom is is the first pic I took when I got here - pretty lame of me. Warm and sunny forecast for the rest of the week. The trees are blossoming and this pic is a tree in the parking lot. Hopefully I can get some pics of the cherry blossoms in the next couple days.

The second pic up from the bottom is the Turkish flag flying outside the embassy ("Ever been in a Turkish prison, Bobby?"). We drove down embassy row in an attempt to get near the National Mall during rush hour. Not a good idea.

The third pic up from the bottom is the Jefferson Memorial strategically placed behind some bushes.

The fourth pic up from the bottom is the Washington Monument, obviously rebuilt since the movie Independence Day was filmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment