19 February 2010

Now I got it...

I figured out how to change my blog title: Good For Me!! The new title is stolen from Abbie Hoffman's Steal This Book. I know it's weak. Like I've said before my imagination is limited. I was born in the 1960's, I grew up in the 1970's free and running around barefoot, and spent the 1980's running barefoot and free through my own life. The resurgence of the 1960's during this time led me to read On The Road and lots of Hunter Thompson. I understand where the 60's social movement was coming from but I never believed in the communal living and constant sharing of the hippies. I think they liked to share your stuff more than their own. Anyway, I liked the Fight the Power politics of the time. I also liked the newer stuff on the scene in the 80's like Public Enemy and Ice-T, stuff that questioned and challenged the Establishment: "Freedom of speech, that's the motherfuckin' bullshit. You say the wrong thing, they'll lock your ass up quick." I think Thomas Jefferson would have agreed. Fight the Power!

No comments:

Post a Comment